Garage, single brick, how to paint inside?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a garage that is now ten years old, it is single-layer brick, with no concrete blocks on the inside, and I'm thinking about painting the inside - primarily to reduce the amount of dust and also to make it look a little nicer.

Do I need to seal it? There's no damp anywhere inside, and it's been up for a while now and there hasn't been any problems at all.

I'd like to do it properly, but not sure whether I can just go ahead and use masonry paint, or if I should seal it first. I'm also not sure about whether to use a watered down paint for a first coat or even if that's necessary if using masonry paint.

Guess I don't know much really :eek: But I do know how to ask :)

Appreciate any tips

cheers
valmiki

Sponsored Links
You really should seal it first using the proper sealer but for the same effect you can just give it a coat of really thin masonary to seal it and then 2 coats of un-thinned masonary paint.

i just did mine with exterior masonry paint, did the floor with propper floor paint, it gets jet washed once a year :LOL: here's a pic
Image00023.jpg

much nicer working in a dust free clean garage

If the brickwork is paticularly dusty I would brush it down with a stiff brush, seal with a coat of stabilising solution then 2 coats of masonry paint.

Sponsored Links
i just did mine with exterior masonry paint, did the floor with propper floor paint, it gets jet washed once a year :LOL: here's a pic...

Nice - that's exactly what I want mine to look like! What did you use for floor paint? At the moment mine is just bare concrete that dusts like crazy

i just did mine with exterior masonry paint, did the floor with propper floor paint, it gets jet washed once a year :LOL: here's a pic...

Nice - that's exactly what I want mine to look like! What did you use for floor paint? At the moment mine is just bare concrete that dusts like crazy

removed any loose bits, acid etched it, filled any cracks and large chips with floor leveler, then use floor paint think it can be bought from most places

p4760936_x.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back