Painting the inside of my garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help me!? I want to paint the inside of my 1998 brick built garage which is bare brick at the moment. Now i have had many different bits of advice how to do this. Most say use a PVA mix first but i just rang Crown paints and they said never ever do this! They advised a mix of 80% matt emulsion to 20% water, let it dry and then any interior paint i like. Could someone help me!!!???

Sponsored Links
i used this
32224-preview.jpg

you can see the finish in the background of this pic

Image00023.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Your floor looks good aswell, how did you do that? Again i have had varied advice!

just make sure you brush any crap off the walls too, use a sweeping brush. any exterior paint will do it just buy a decent brand , as for the floor sweep it clean it and apply 2 coats of a floor paint. thin the 1st coat down and use the 2nd neat

floor had any loose bits removed, jetwashed, left to dry, acid etched, holes filled, then two coats of paint

found another pic

PB140007s.jpg

remember to put some carpet mats on the floor as the car tyres can stick sometimes and damage the paint

Could someone please help me!? . Most say !!???
Then Most are a bunch of prats :rolleyes: . The advice given is spot on - I would just add that I used a load of old remnants of emulsion I had knocking around :idea: Saves money and the environment - just mix `em all together and slap it on - works for me in a garage ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back