Garage Storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my existing shelving unit with a newer bigger version, and wondered if there were recommendations for items to look at - it's a reasonable size I have to fill, so anything around 1800mm x 1200mm x 60mm would fit.

Doesn't need to hold massive weight.

Prefer a shelving unit at this stage as may eventually put some shelves up, but need to first tidy the clutter up and have room to plan things out properly.

A lot seem to have MDF shelves now, which some are having mould problems with - so would really appreciate any recommendations from personal experience.

Should all else fail I'll wait till the weather warms up and spend a couple of days clearing out fully and putting some shelves up.

Sponsored Links
Mdf is no more prone to mold than other shelf materials , lack of ventilation allows mold to spread.

Mdf is no more prone to mold than other shelf materials , lack of ventilation allows mold to spread.
I am just reporting what I saw, quite a few reviewers posted images of the spread of mould - obviously don't know what their garage was like, or where the unit was located so who knows?

Will keep on looking!

Sponsored Links
mdf tends to sag, especially if damp

I would choose melamine faced chipboard or OSB for cheap shelving or exterior grade plywood -which might get mould too!

Have a look a heavy duty twin slot shelving (as used in shops etc), the advantage is you can change the shelves about as much as you want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back