Garage Tap - Tee into Existing Copper Pipe

Depends on who you talk to, whether copper/brass is better than plastic. Each has it's uses.

Speedfit are very good quality fittings and are perfectly safe and suitable for this application and much easier to have leak free for the non professional

It's up to the individual I guess, if copper/brass is preferable then fair enough

Sponsored Links
Depends on who you talk to, whether copper/brass is better than plastic. Each has it's uses.

Speedfit are very good quality fittings and are perfectly safe and suitable for this application and much easier to have leak free for the non professional

It's up to the individual I guess, if copper/brass is preferable then fair enough

OK thanks. I'll have a think then. Sounds like speed fit will be easer for me in terms of doing the job. I just worry about its longevity. Saying that my house is a brand new new build so I suspect the house is full of plastic pipe anyway?!

Lol, you're probably right. I am sure you will have some somewhere

Honestly though, Speedfit connectors are high quality, long lasting fittings and don't think you are compromising your system by using them.

Just have a quick read up on them and ensure you fit them correctly then they are guaranteed.

Just bumping this...

Measured the incoming copper supply pipe now and its 22mm. My question is, should I use 22mm copper pipe all the way from my tee to my new tap, or go with 15mm pipe, using a 22mm to 15mm reducer.

Which will give me more power/flow at the tap?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not really, the size of the tap would really dictate the flow and pressure that it can pass, any more than 15mm would be a waste unless it was a bath tap that could accept a 22mm pipe, if you see what I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back