Inserting a Tee in an existing pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Anyone help with this? I want to insert a tee into an existing pipe but there are branches off which make the pipe quite rigid.
Can you normally 'flex' the 15mm copper pipe enough to insert a tee after cutting out a small section?
Don't want to cut into the pipe then find out I can't insert the fitting!!!! That would be a ***** disaster.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
yp24slip_28.jpg

yp 24 slip tee ;)

OhGranny said:
Hi
Anyone help with this? I want to insert a tee into an existing pipe but there are branches off which make the pipe quite rigid.
Can you normally 'flex' the 15mm copper pipe enough to insert a tee after cutting out a small section?
Don't want to cut into the pipe then find out I can't insert the fitting!!!! That would be a ***** disaster.
Thanks

Good point. It would all probably move a bit and probably enough to get your T-piece in. Go for it.

KevPlumb - Slip Tee - yeah get it - picture paints a 'fousand words! brilliant idea - I have only seen tees with stops in, never knew you could get these - although I have already bought compression joints for the job - I suppose I could run through them with a 15mm drill - it would have the same effect and allow me to slide them up and down the pipe.
But for the price of the fittings may as well get some - bit scared of the soldering bit - can see me melting all the other joints around it and ending up with something like a meccano set that I can never get back together again!!!!!
Water p*****g out everywhere - bathroom already looks like a bombsite and to think it all started with replacing one cracked tile now I am rebuilding the b****y house !!!!!!

Thanks a lot lads
G.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you cut enough pipe out so you don't restrict the flow to the branch :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back