Garage threshold bricks or concrete post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to stop rain water getting under my garage door but also want to build my floor up slightly to make it warmer, not to the point it'll be a fully converted room though. I was going to lay a run of bricks across the inside for the door to butt up against but I thought rather than going and finding bricks I have a 7ft concrete fence post. Could I just lay that down on a bed of mortar and be ok? On the inside I'd lay a DPM and lap it over the top of the laying down post... There is a sunken channel drain outside the garage door so the water will have somewhere to go, the post/bricks will just help it along its way into the drain rather than into the garage.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Google 'stormguard garage door threshold.
Or screw a bit of treated 2x1 down onto a bed of silicone.

I suggested a "Garage Door Threshold" from ebay (got one, they're excellent), then re-read the original post and saw it wouldn't suit so deleted my post, as he's wanting to raise the floor level, so it wouldn't fit or would have a ramp down to meet a step.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back