Garage walls leaking at ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m running out of ideas having read the forums on the topic so would really appreciate any advice.

My garage was built (poorly) mid 90s and the walls have leaked at the base since we moved in. It’s a brick garage on concrete slab.

I have dug a small drainage trench at the rear where it seems worse but this does not seem to improve anything. I have placed an angled mortar fillet along the edge of the external wall/slab but again little improvement.

Would laying a DPM on the inside with a screed on top be better than using tanking slurry to prevent water ingress?

Sponsored Links
Is it tracking across the bed joint between wall and slab? What does the slab to wall junction look like on the outside? Post some pics

Mastic or mortar fillet along the wall/slab junction externally.

Make sure the pointing is sound and then coat the whole wall externally with a silane water repellent.

Sponsored Links
Finally got out for some images. Looks like someone has tried an internal solution in the past but it has cracked and flaked away over time.

External shot of the gap down the property divide line. No chance of me getting down there and neighbours fence is new so it won’t be coming down any time soon. Working on convincing my 6 year old to do some digging in the gap to clear debris.

Any other suggestions with the limited access available?

IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2510.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back