Garage walls making hallway and kitchen cold? solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed over the last couple of years the hallway and kitchen in my house become colder then the rest of the house, really notice it when stepping out from the warm living room.
Early 2011 I had UPVC door fitted to the front and kitchen which has helped no end but its still colder. One thing someone has pointed out is that the one thing these colder areas have in common is they have walls which have the integral garage on the other side.
I now really think that the cold from the garage is causing the problem. Is there anything I can get to put on the walls in the garage to insulate them and stop the cold from going through them into the house?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem. Our downstairs toilet has an exterior wall and a wall into the garage and is easily the coldest room in the house!

Kingspan or insulated plasterboard. Loads of stuff.

Sponsored Links
Recently had all external walls in my house which is detached thermal k'd internal thermal plasterboard 50mm now it warms up super fast and retains warmth for ages

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back