Garage wiring... Again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, starting work on the new (old) garage, I'm gonna start with the wiring soon. I was going to do first fix myself and get a spark in to run cables and wire everything in. Going with 20mm conduit and surface mount boxes (any regs on where they should be mounted?)
Should I solvent weld the conduit or no?
Would the conduit run back to the garage cu (from and back to)?
And should the lighting circuit be on separate conduit?
Cheers guys
:)

Sponsored Links
You'll be sorry….

It is a PITA to get cables through and round joints if the conduit is already fixed and glued.
And how would you know what size conduit to run, and from where to where?

Get your pet electrician to help you plan it first. But IMO you arent going to save much - especially when he has to come and redo half of your efforts.

Hi, 20mm conduit will do the job if using singles, ie 2.5mm sockets and 1.00mm or 1.5mm for lighting and yes, you can put the power and lighting in the same tube.

Have fun,

DS

Sponsored Links
What type of garage. Domestic for parking cars in OK with plastic but for repairing cars and wagons I would want steel be it conduit or SWA cable.

Some Yellow 77 and yes you can pull in singles reasonably well but that means singles all the way as to glue depends on garage and runs some times you have to allow the conduit to move and you have to either not glue or use special non setting glue.

I had a year fitting 25 mm plastic conduit in BT buildings for alarm systems and I will admit it was not as easy as it looked and I made some mistakes but at least only 50 vdc.

Hi, 20mm conduit will do the job if using singles, ie 2.5mm sockets and 1.00mm or 1.5mm for lighting and yes, you can put the power and lighting in the same tube.

Have fun,

DS

Can you get 1.00mm singles :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back