Garageplans .co. uk - anyone used this service?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a double garage in my back garden.

It's going to be 3.8m tall, 2m from the boundary and have an internal footprint of 5.5m x 5.75m. Therefore I don't need planning (as not a conservation area) but it just goes over the 30m2 for building regs, which I don't mind. (There is potential that at some point in the future it may become a granny annex if my folks need it in the future, so I wanted to build the structure to a habitable standard anyway).

Anyway, it seems I can get a set of plans from this website for just over £200. Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't it be grannyplans.co.uk?

You've built an extension haven't you? Why can't you just adapt the concept from those plans?

Shouldn't it be grannyplans.co.uk?

You've built an extension haven't you? Why can't you just adapt the concept from those plans?
Morning Woody,

I suppose it could well be called that :mrgreen: However, the annex is really a distant secondary consideration...it may never happen, but equally I don't want to build a basic building and then kick myself about not being able to (easily) convert it later if required.

Two reasons I don't want to DIY the plans:
1. My drawing skills are terrible!
2. I want to put a vaulted ceiling in as I plan to install a 2 post lift for working on my cars, so there's going to be some SE calcs needed for the UB to hold the roof up and for the double garage door, so the drawings need to be of reasonable quality to assist that person with their work.

Have you had a look at the website, any views on the quality?
Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Why don't you get in touch with a small structural engineering company about the design work needed and see what they say about drawings?
If its only a small garage i imagine they'd draw up a plan and a couple of typical sections/details for you as part of their fee, based on a setting out sketch you give them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back