Gard Tec 13 CPX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After far too many false alarm actuations, usually in the early hours, I would like some advice please. Is there anyway to isolate the sounders permanently or would it necessitate powering off the alarm system to achieve this? I understand this is an open forum and you may not wish to offer that sort of advice. could someone then maybe PM me ?

I've lived in this house for 4 years during this time I have had a new control panel fitted ,aux battery fitted, had the system serviced twice, new batteries fitted in the Pir's annually by the engineer who installed it and I've had a gutful of it now and incidentally of him.
Any help would be appreciated, I do have a chainsaw and a sledge hammer if that helps?

Sponsored Links
More information please
Is it false alarm while are set in full set or part set if used
Is it the same zone/ device
Is it tamper faults
Yes you could isolate the sounders,but depends on what actually which sounders you want to isolate

new batteries fitted in the Pir's annually

This suggests it is a wireless alarm. False alarms (*) can be caused by transmissions from other systems operating on the same wireless frequency.

(*) Very often these "false" alarms are tamper alarms and are indications that the alarm system is being blocked or jammed by wireless transmissions from elsewhere.

More information please
Is it tamper faults
Yes you could isolate the sounders,but depends on what actually which sounders you want to isolate

Thanks for the quick response. The alarm actuated 2 days ago I didn't check for the fault. I didn't reset fully just punched in the code to silence ,so it didn't display the time and date If that makes sense , thinking that may stop any FA actuations . In the past it has usually been batteries, odd as I have them changed annually. Any way like I've said I'm done with it now I'm going away for a couple of days and don't want the same thing waking up the family In the early hours anymore. I would like to disarm it ideally so if anyone in the future wants to reinstate it they can. Temporarily I would like to disconnect the internal speaker which sounds the door chime and the internal alarm.I have posted before at reducing the volume on the Internal sounder but it can't be done from the panel on this alarm. So info on silencing the internal sounder, and if possible how to disconnect the alarm system would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just one final question, could I disconnect the internal wall mounted speaker its only two wires? Can I then isolate each wire with a terminal strip, without messing up the system.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
More information please
Is it tamper faults

Thanks for the reply. I would like to isolate/disconnect the internal sounder which doubles up as the internal alarm and door chime sounder.

Just take the speaker off and snip the wire.
To totally disable the system you will need ladders as there is a back up battery in the bell.
Sounds to me the panel has not been set up right as iv installed loads of the gardtec wireless.

Read the event log and this will tell you the fault.
You can reduce the volume,but you will need the engineering code to do this.

Read the event log and this will tell you the fault.
You can reduce the volume,but you will need the engineering code to do this.

Thanks for the reply, there has been a difference of opinion about this previously. I have the engineers code. The volume was set at 2 for the chime and the internal sounder anyway and it would wake the dead. I reduced it to 1 and it made no difference so I can only suggest the volume setting is non adjustable and the only setting is loud.
The log was battery in a 'PIR' which I have changed and it's reset. The batteries fitted by the AE are PSG, I will replace them with Duracell

Last edited:
Even if you had the internal sounder set to its quietest setting, for entry/exit, in an alarm condition you will always get full volume. This can't be altered. :sneaky:
As the control panel, the external sounder does have its own battery so don't switch off the mains supply.

Good luck

Even if you had the internal sounder set to its quietest setting, for entry/exit, in an alarm condition you will always get full volume. This can't be altered. :sneaky:
As the control panel, the external sounder does have its own battery so don't switch off the mains supply.

Good luck

That makes sense, thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about reducing the amount of PIR's I have, it would be easier to manage 4 than 8. Is it relatively easy to remove a PIR from the system.
I have the engineers code.
Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back