Garden Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I logged a previous post about my waterlogged garden. I have now been contacted by the builder who are willing to rectify the drainage issue.

However, they have suggested an Aco drain around the patio. My question is, is this sufficient?

My common sense tells me that it is not sufficient for waterlogged soil as the water isn't running off anywhere, it just sits on the surface. I feel that some form of french drain is better served.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Julie

Sponsored Links
all that will do is take the surface water going to or from the patio. You need a french drain. Its not that expensive to do. Stick to your guns

dig a sump at 1 corner of the garden .. 4 foot sq and 5 foot deep fill with aggregate ... and a channel from the other end of the garden .. a spade withe and 2 foot deep .. then herring bone a pattern from diaganals in the garden
i needed 5 toone of agregate to do mine .. and back fill the garden then level ..

worked a treat for me and mine is 90 % clay bed .. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back