Garden Hose Nozzle Recommendation...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I don't know how many garden hoses I have went through... most finding their fate from being dropped or meeting their demise over the winter period when left connected to the hose.

I know I should endeavour to disconnect the hose over winter and to even be more gentle with it.

However does anyone have a recommended of a garden hose nozzle that is particularly robust against the aforementioned situations / scenarios?

It would have to be a typical hozelock fitting as well.

Look forward to any suggestions you may have.

Kind regards, Gordon

PS. I recently bought this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQDU36R/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_3p_dp_1

Sponsored Links
I’m praying you get some good answers here as I’m yet another in the same predicament :( Seems the general opinion is to go with brass fittings but with things like the spray gun l’m not so sure brass ones can do all the spray patterns. My local store wanted £30 !!! for a hozelock sprayer, and I declined that and bought a couple of cheap ebay plastic ones which both just blasted away from the brand new hozelock end fitting an so will be returned! I have a simple brass sprayer attachment which works really well and is bullet proof but is a bit basic though. I also have the hozelock irrigation system and similar problems with reliability such as main feeds blasting away at connections, excessive weeping at limb connections, etc. it’s a nightmare they can’t design this stuff properly!

I’m praying you get some good answers here as I’m yet another in the same predicament :( Seems the general opinion is to go with brass fittings but with things like the spray gun l’m not so sure brass ones can do all the spray patterns. My local store wanted £30 !!! for a hozelock sprayer, and I declined that and bought a couple of cheap ebay plastic ones which both just blasted away from the brand new hozelock end fitting an so will be returned! I have a simple brass sprayer attachment which works really well and is bullet proof but is a bit basic though. I also have the hozelock irrigation system and similar problems with reliability such as main feeds blasting away at connections, excessive weeping at limb connections, etc. it’s a nightmare they can’t design this stuff properly!
Hi Dave

Thanks for your post.

Yeah I have found the brass and such like have limited spray patterns which are ever so useful for what you use a garden nozzle for - water plants to cleaning football plants... so different spray patterns are high on the wish list.

Something like this but a bit more garden / consumer friendly would be ideal - https://www.provac.co.uk/product-in...MI3PbjjIjG_QIVTfF3Ch0BCgNcEAQYAiABEgIZivD_BwE

Kind regards, Gordon

Sponsored Links
I've found the Wickes one to be ok. Anything left outside over winter will deteriorate but in spring do a bit of maintenance and clean them up and either replace the o-rings or use some silicone grease on them

Was this supposed to link to something specific or just the main page of Wickes?

I think better to just bring inside i.e. into a shed, cellar or whatever and keep it protected and get many years of use out of it... just been through so many now.
Some keywords on the forum pick up a hyperlink automatically

Me too, and sick of it. This style in brass has been the most durable:
Yep sick of it... honestly churn through them. The brass one looks great however we prefer the gun type ones with varying spray patterns; however they just dont seem very robust.
Hold the hose rather than the nozzle if it's cold :)
For such reasons why I prefer to use the gun / trigger type ones

I just bought a couple of the BWF26 Spear & Jacksons as mentioned by ETAF above, and they have a very nice & solid feel - and have a brass fitting. Was going to get just one, but saw Zoro gave free delivery over £20 so I got two as effectively the second one was half price :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back