1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

connecting garden hose to Tap

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by Uma, 18 Jun 2021.

1. Uma

Uma

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have bought the Garden pipe from amazon and also bought the universal tap connector adopter to connect to the pipe but it doesnt seems to fit in and i think i need some sort of push fit connector, I have tired to look online on ToolStation and Screw fix but not very sure about the correct connector that will work for me.

Any advice appreciated.

-Tap connector adopter link https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X1AWWNY/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_glt_fabc_ET4G721SP6PD5AGNDYSX
    -Garden Pipe link
    Garden pipe link
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOSE-PRO-E...8ec11&pd_rd_wg=R8pfN&pd_rd_i=B083NLQFSD&psc=1

Any advise on this please.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited: 18 Jun 2021
  4. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    as summer draws on, you will find a kit of brass connectors and adaptors, quite durable, in the Aldi Aisle of Mystery at a very good price.

it looks like you have a plastic clamp-on for your tap, which is not very good. Have you got an actual garden tap with a screwed spout?

I've standardised on the Quick Connector for everything.

this is a typical garden tap with a 1/2" BSP screwed spout (you can't see the screw because there is an old-style hose connector on it, which you can remove.

[​IMG]

1/2" BSP does not actually measure 1/2", for historical reasons, but that's what it's called.