Garden lighting 240V cabling - Smart Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all...
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one.
I'm looking to have 6 bollard style coloured smart led lights for our patio.
I got the electrician in to do the swa 240V cabling from the garage to the garden.
There are two cables in the garden, one for the lighting and one for a twin socket.
Now I'm ready to buy the lights and found these but I just want to know how they should be wired up.
https://shop.ledvance.com/products/ledvance-smart-flare-multicolor-60cm-post
The cable has six individual Pratley IP68 under ground enclosures for lightingpoints.
As far I can see, each light is wired separately and not in a loop.
Can I use 13amp cable to wire it/them to the Pratley IP68 junction box/s ?
Many Thanks in advance for your help.
Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi ericmark.
I'm looking for a datasheet ut for now this is the description:

Ledvance 7.5W SMART+ WIFI FLARE 60cm Post Light Warm White + Multi-Colour​

• Power Consumption: 7.5W
  • Colour Output: RGB and Warm White
  • Dimensions: Diameter=110mm Height=604mm

The 7.5W SMART+ WIFI FLARE 60cm Post by LEDvance is a beautiful modern post light which combines the functionality of general lighting and stunning mood lighting, allowing you to create colourful garden lighting with smart and intelligent control options.
This SMART+ 60cm flare post allows you to switch the light on or off, change the colour between warm white and RGB colour control, approx 16 million fascinating colour options, as well as the ability to dim the post light via the LEDVANCE SMART+ app or a compatible smart speaker.
The ledvance SMART+ WIFI Flare LED post light features a SMART+ wifi chip integrated into each post, allowing direct connection to your home WIFI with no extra hub required making installation simple and easy.
You can easily and conveniently control SMART+ by voice using Google Assistant or Amazon Echo. This not only keeps your hands free but also has a touch of magic. With the LEDVANCE SMART+ app, you can easily conduct your orchestra of light sources at the tap of a finger. From the sofa. From inside. From outside. From anywhere.
An IP44 rating makes it ideal for outdoor use and the robust die-cast aluminium construction provides fantastic durability. With a 25,000 hour rated life and consuming just 7.5W of power it offers excellent value for money and long term savings.
The Smart+ FLARE 60cm Post produces a warm white colour temperature of 3000K (with the ability to change one of 16 million colours) and yields 320lm, making it perfect for decorative lighting in garden areas such as driveways, paths and patios.
Please note that for control via the LEDVANCE SMART+ WiFi App, a smartphone or tablet (with minimum Android 4.4 or iOS 9.0) is required.

Specifications:

AttributeValue
MPN4058075478299
Barcode4058075478299
TechnologyLED
ShapePost Light
ColourRGB and Warm White
ManufacturerLedvance
Voltage240V
Power Consumption7.5W
DimmabilityYes - Via Home Hub or App
Total Lumens320lm
Colour Temperature3000K
Colour DescriptionRGB and Warm White
FinishDark Grey
Ingress Protection RatingIP44
Average Rated Life (L50)25,000 hours
Switching Cycles12,500
Diameter110mm
Height604mm
Estimated Running Cost£3.97 per year based on 5-hours per day @ Jan 24 Price Cap (29.0p/kWh)

Sponsored Links
Has product data sheet pdf within which is a link to the user / install manual pdf.

EDIT: You need to go back to installer for how to connect between the Pratley box and the bollard connector (cable, glands etc.,.). Also to discover how they are wired and where the joint box is located for future maintenance reasons if they don't all loop in/out to an end box.

Hi Rodders53
Thanks for the advice.
I do know that the Pratley boxes will be just below the ground with decorative pebbles on top.

The problem with ALL garden lighting is how to do connections that are sound and allow continuity of the outer armour. This isn’t usually a DIY job

Then there are pests like ants to consider.

And you need double poll switching so you can isolate them when the board starts tripping.

I’ve made a lot of money doing fault finding and fixing of poorly installed garden lighting. Just saying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back