Garden Lighting cable route and protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to run cables to garden structures that are to be built.

These are just hypothetical questions and do not relate to real jobs.

Path lights.

SWA to an IP rated box, then feed the lights. But you can't terminate SWA to these fittings. All the ones I have seen are rubber flex, which has been buried. Does not seem right to me. even if the flex was in conduit how do you deal with the conduit meeting the light fitting.

Brick pillar. Buried cable inside the pillar. How is this best installed.Again I would thing SWA to base of pillar, terminate in a suitable enclosure then would you run a length of conduit through back of enclosure then right angle bend up the inside of the still to be built pillar, then right angle bend out to pillar front.
timing with the bricklayer seem the issue here.
Never worked with a brick layer. Is it common for them to build in conduit runs

Sorry if this sound real stupid but what is the best way to run cable in these situations

Sponsored Links
I, too, should be interested in comments/methods for drive metal pillar lighting as have never done any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back