Garden makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my previous request for ideas for my small back garden (photo in My Album) - I would like advice re adding an awning or some sort of cover just outside the french windows. At my previous place there was a balcony on the upstairs flat which provided cover outside my door onto the garden. It needs to be sturdy and weatherproof with no leakage where it would attach to the house. A pergola with roof has been suggested but I am not sure how this could be joined successfully to the house. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
in my opinion Lyn, thhis site is more about mending broken things, or solving "how do i do this?".. whereas you question is asking for garden design.... which i don't think fits here....
just my thoughts!!

I am quite new to the site so apologies if the question is not appropriate. Having trawled through various questions before, I thought I'd seen similar topics. If the Admin folk on this site consider it unsuitable I'll willingly withdraw.
Presumably the advice about attaching an awning or similar is an acceptable topic?
Lyn

Lyn, i wasn't laying down any law... i try to reply to posts without responses, it usually (?) prompts the pro's to respond.

You're entitled to ask what you like on here.. my comments were just a feel for the level of response you might get !!

good luck with your garden.

Sponsored Links
Further to my previous request for ideas for my small back garden (photo in My Album) - I would like advice re adding an awning or some sort of cover just outside the french windows. At my previous place there was a balcony on the upstairs flat which provided cover outside my door onto the garden. It needs to be sturdy and weatherproof with no leakage where it would attach to the house. A pergola with roof has been suggested but I am not sure how this could be joined successfully to the house. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
What do you need to resolve?

Sorry if the description of my 'challenge' wasn't very clear. My previous property had a balcony outside the French Windows so the balcony to the upstairs flat provided shelter from rain just outside the door. The new house just has a paved area and I would like to have some sort of cover - to sit under, leave garden furniture under etc. Does anyone have any experience of a sturdy type of awning or any other suggestions. It would need to have a rain proof join to the house.
Lyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back