Garden Office - but cannot set a permanent base...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be great here...

We're moving house and have a 10'x8' garden office (only 5 months old, on a flat, concrete base) that we want to take with us...

No problem in moving it (fortunately my best friend owns a crane firm!) but, and it's a big but, the property we're moving to is leasehold...

We have consent to put it up, but the ground (tarmacked) slopes slightly away from the house (perhaps 2 degrees) and we are not allowed to dig up and lay a concrete base...

Photo attached to show the tarmac, very small kerb (5mm approx) and bit of shingle) - we'd want the office to go about 6" from the wall...

So is there a way we can put a kind of surface mounted base down?!?!?

I've got everything crossed here so please let me know!

Cheers...

Attachments

• Garden Office.jpg
    Garden Office.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
Make a timber base, from floorboards, on joists, all spaced from the ground by bricks levelled up. Off the ground is important to avoid damp rotting the timber.

Then spikes into tarmac to stop things sliding downhill?

Sponsored Links
2° is bugger all.
Either plastic or cement based shims under a level timber base.
There are also screw type legs that can be adjusted

It might be that the screw type give a higher point load ? Otherwise a full contact base might be more likely to sledge downhill?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back