Garden office/Shed Electrics

Not if the sticking point is insurance small print which says all electrical work must be done by a qualified electrician.
I'm not familiar with UK rules but insurance can't stipulate something like that.

They can only insist on certification etc. as that's verifiable
 
I'm not familiar with UK rules but insurance can't stipulate something like that.

I suspect that they can put that in their terms & conditions if they want.

But if I am wrong, then

To get an electrician to put in basics, and then expand after he has finished, is possible, but not the other way around.

Not if the sticking point is insurance small print which says all electrical work must be certified.


They can only insist on certification etc. as that's verifiable

The problem there is that anybody can issue an EIC.
 
I suspect that they can put that in their terms & conditions if they want.
Yes I was thinking that after i posted .

Wouldn't affect a claim in itself as can't be proven in isolation, unless sub- standard work could be proven and contravenes t&c's or similar
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top