Garden office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry another shed conversion topic!

Was looking into buying a garden office and was wondering if the shed/summer house would be able to be converted into something for all weathers.

The frame is about 6 SQM.

Is this worth considering or just knock down and start again?

Thanks

IMG_20200613_103052.jpg
IMG_20200613_103117.jpg
IMG_20200613_103102.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the main issue would be insulation and heating, you'd want to put a layer of Rockwool and board internally on the walls and roof, and have some form of heating, probably radiant heaters as they are more efficient for keeping you warm while stationary in a coldish space.

Cheers guys.

Its bigger than the box room I am currently using for an office so would be ideal.

In terms of whats needed. I've picked up a few bit and pieces from this site but my knowledge still isn't great.

Insulation between those battens (25mm??) then tape the joints then plasterboard over the top (maybe insulated plasterboard as well - might be overkill??)

Obviously get someone to sort out the door and put a double glazed window in.

Whats needed for the floor? The shed is raised off the concrete currently.

Sponsored Links
You would want at least 50mm of Celotex walls, floor and roof, maybe more. Otherwise twice af much as other insulation.

I'd you've ever worked in a porta cabin, or caravan you'll know why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back