Garden paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had the garden done up using porcelain paving and artificial grass. The problem I have is that the grouting used (wet mix) by the installer did not dry in certain areas. Now to cut a long story short we were told by the manufacturer that we had to allow 28 days to fully dry so we did but still no luck and the manufacturer has not come back with a solution. In the installers defence he took it on the chin and came round and removed all the grout and replaced it with a different product but again its doesn't appear to be drying in certain parts. Any ideas as I'm not sure what to do next.

Sponsored Links
If the substrata, (i.e. the ground below), is quite damp it may be a possible cause. Add to this we have had some filthy weather recently which won't have helped.

Thanks for the reply. I know on the initial installation it was when we had that heatwave in june and it still didn't dry out fully. So if the the ground below is quite damp would that be a fault of the installer or is that just the conditions of my garden? and do you think it will eventually dry out even if it takes 6 months. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back