Garden retaining wall for raised beds

zo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to have raised beds built all along the boundary of my garden for my disabled mother. The problem is her back garden is against a bridge high above. There is a steep incline with a huge bank of soil bed against it. She would like to level the garden the same height as her current lawn. She is happy to have a high bank against the incline of the bridge. The bank is approx 1 meter high. This would have to have a retaining wall atop which will sit 6 ft feather edge fence panels.

What is the best and the cheapest material to use for this retaining wall, bearing in mind it won't be visible due to the raised flower bed up against it?

How should we build the raised flower bed, which does not cost a fortune but looks good. Sleepers are expensive and I assume they will rot eventually. Bricks or stacked patio stones would look good and can be curved to add interest.

Any advise would be welcome. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
7n dense (solid) concrete blocks - double leaf if necessary.

Shaped or curved walls may have to be done in brick.

• Thanks
Reactions: zo
dry lock retaining walls are much cheaper than a full masonary wall and will last a lot longer than sleepers but they are not to everyones taste visually.

Tobermore Secura lite is one example but may not be available in your area. it will give you an idea of what they are though and local merchants/suppliers can point you to a similar product

• Thanks
Reactions: zo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back