retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a garden wall 9inch flemish bond in class b engineering bricks. It will be 1.2m high 3m long,steps and then another 3m. I will be laying a patio but in the corners i will be having a flower bed to help with drainage from patio(garden steep slope).The rest of the water will flow down the steps. The wall will be retaining the soil in the corners and the patio elsewhere.It will be retaining 500mm of soil in the corners. Garden drains quite well. Would i need weep holes for this small amount. I dont really want to put them in but dont know if it will undermine the wall when the soil is wet.The soil area will only be 1m square in each corner. An help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
.......The rest of the water will flow down the steps........
Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me - Imagine walking up the steps in the winter when there's a bit of frost on them :eek: (been there, done that, still got the bruises!)

No it will all have a fall so the water runs off

Hi

Wrong answer GlenT;

You should pay attention to what TrickyT is saying.
The water will have some surface retention and as mentioned by TicklyT you could end up inheriting a problem one day in your life where you will regret not having paid sufficient attention to the comments that are being made!

Regards

Sponsored Links
I have paid attention but water flows with the fall of the ground. What your saying it wouldnt matter how the patio was laid there would be "surface retention". Are you saying no one should have a patio or no one should have steps? It will be laid so the water runs off the steps. Please elaborate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back