Garden room overhang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of having a garden room built however, the builder has decided to jump ship and left us with a half finished build so we have decided to try and finish what we can ourselves. We are currently trying to make the building water tight. There is no overhang to the roof but we would like one. How do we go about making an overhang as there are no protruding roof joists. We are planning on doing a felt roof. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
We are in the process of having a garden room built however, the builder has decided to jump ship and left us with a half finished build so we have decided to try and finish what we can ourselves. We are currently trying to make the building water tight. There is no overhang to the roof but we would like one. How do we go about making an overhang as there are no protruding roof joists. We are planning on doing a felt roof. Any advice greatly appreciated!
As long as the joist ends haven't been closed in with another timber, just fix some knock-on pieces to the sides of the joists, extending as far as you desire.
When I did mine, I just used what ever length of timber was available and fitted them whole, apart from a cut at the very ends to create a suitable (modest) angle...

Attachments

• 20240118_094702.jpg
    20240118_094702.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Are you prone to flooding?

Anyhoo, no one can actually see because it's all tarped up, lol. Bizarre that the roof structure is in place, without ANY overhang. As I said previously, you can add an overhang as long as you secure it well to the existing roof joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back