Garden shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thinking of 8ftx6ft shed in garden which is very uneven, do I need a concrete base, if so how deep does it have to be?

Sponsored Links
for a small shed like that, you can also have a floor on joists supported by a frame fixed to the legs/posts that form the corners of your shed.

there are a few of ways of fixing the legs. If you put wooden posts in the ground they will rot, but you can sink concrete pads and use metal post supports cast in, or bolted to them; or you can sink concrete spurs into the ground and bolt the legs to them. The wood should be 150mm above ground level, and gutters used to prevent water running, dripping or splashing onto them.

You would need to hire a mixer if you decided to go for a pad that was going to be the shed floor. A shed standing on a pad can also suffer from damp causing rot unless you raise it on dwarf walls or blocks. I don't know that it's worth the effort.

Or you could stand it on paving slabs but they seem to go uneven as well as get damp.

Thanks for that info, I'll go with first option I think. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back