Garden shed to playhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

House I have recently bought has a good quialty garden shed, but to be honest we will neevr really use it, so thought I'd turn it into a kids playhouse for my kids, they can store their bikes, and ride on cars etc in there too.

Whats the best thing to do with the inside and floor? I can upload some photos later

Sponsored Links
To be fair there's little real difference between a shed and a playhouse , both outside wooden buildings in the main. I built a playhouse for my daughter , basic overlap boarding but with doors , windows and gable picked out in pink or white paint. Internally I insulated it with 1" kingspan ( no real need but I had a stock of it ) and hard boarded the walls finishing with wallpaper . Ceiling was insulation board painted white and the floor was boarded and covered with vinyl . Just keep the inside tidy really , no rough sawn timber for little fingers to get splinters or nails for them to catch and make it easy to sweep out and you can forget you have kids for a few hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back