garden wall building cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garden wall that is approximately 13m (40ft) long and 1.5m (5ft) high. The wall is slightly tilted and I think I need to rebuild it.
How much would it cost?
Is there any way to repair it?

Sponsored Links
I have a garden wall that is approximately 13m (40ft) long and 1.5m (5ft) high. The wall is slightly tilted and I think I need to rebuild it.
How much would it cost?

Who is knocking down you or builder?

New foundations or are you gonna use the existing?

Re-use bricks or buy new.

What sort of bricks?

What style of wall?

What thickness of wall?

How are you topping the wall off?

What is access like to the wall?

Who is disposing of the spoil?

Questions, questions....sigh.

As said, get some local recommended bod to look at it.

How much would it cost?

Who is knocking down you or builder?

New foundations or are you gonna use the existing?

Re-use bricks or buy new.

What sort of bricks?

What style of wall?

What thickness of wall?

How are you topping the wall off?

What is access like to the wall?

Who is disposing of the spoil?

Questions, questions....sigh.

As said, get some local recommended bod to look at it.

All the job is to be done by the builder.
Foundations, will use existing
Wall should be 9" thick,as it is now
Bricks the cheapest face bricks or common bricks.
Top of the wall with bricks upright
Access to rear garden throught a gate since it is end of terrace house

Sponsored Links
The only quote that matters is the one you get from the builder.

Could it be buttressed to stop it leaning any further?

(Don't know if that's possible - I'm not a bricky)

You may need to have the foundations re-done or strengthened if they are the cause of the wall leaning over. Do you know how wide and deep the current wall foundations are?

Is the wall buckled/curved over or is the complete wall still straight but leaning over?

Your garden wall can be fixed depending on how you plan to rebuild it. First thing, you should look for home and garden improvement provider and ask for quotes (at least 3). Then after, think about new ways to innovate your garden design and most especially, put stuff that is beneficial for your garden's health.

Your garden wall can be fixed depending on how you plan to rebuild it. First thing, you should look for home and garden improvement provider and ask for quotes (at least 3). Then after, think about new ways to innovate your garden design and most especially, put stuff that is beneficial for your garden's health.

Yes this is a good idea since I also have some other garden issues to tackle. There is a tall cypress pine tree to remove, replace the garden shed, improve the pavement and possibly build a new conservatory. I thought to split the project and gradually hire a different workman for each job. Maybe it is a good idea to get quotes from companies that can undertake the entire project. My only concern is that it will be more expensive this way.

You may need to have the foundations re-done or strengthened if they are the cause of the wall leaning over. Do you know how wide and deep the current wall foundations are?

Is the wall buckled/curved over or is the complete wall still straight but leaning over?

It is a Victorian house garden that was completely refurbished in the early 80s. I bought the place two years ago so I have no idea how the wall foundations are build, if the wall is build in the 80s or if it is older.

The wall is buckled/curved over mostly in the middle of its length. An amateur explanation is that the neighbours at the other side have re-pointed the wall and kept it in good condition while my side was never re-pointed so it bents towards my side.

Could it be buttressed to stop it leaning any further?

(Don't know if that's possible - I'm not a bricky)

that would be ideal, in combination with rebuilding only the middle part which is mostly affected and also with some re-pointing. Haw can you check this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back