garden wall repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, quick question . I,m going to attempt to repair my sons garden wall and need a bit of advice. The wall is approx three foot high and the problem I have is that it is currently free standing and loose. There is a gap of approx one inch between the wall and the concrete posts at either side, mortar has crumbled away.
Can I simply fill the gap with mortar or do I need some kind of fixing bolt to join the wall to the posts?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the garden wall is free standing and loose?? or is it the concrete posts you mean, not clear...Also what's the purpose of the concrete posts???

Cheers...pinenot :)

A photo will help us more, might just need re-cementing

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry but couldn`t get a photo. to try make it a bit clearer the wall has gates at either side fixed to the concrete posts. the posts are solid and cause no problems, but because the mortar has crumbled away the wall is not touching the posts at either side.
It is currently held upright simply because of the foundations. I understand it`s difficult to give solid (pun intended :D ) advice without a pic, but was hoping to either fill the gaps with mortar or fix bolts in. I`m trying to avoid taking the wall down and starting from scratch.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back