Gardening projects at this time of year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My dad's garden has got somewhat out of control over the summer and needs something of a major tidy-up - however, my problem with this is that anything I cut back now is not going to have time to re-grow, so over winter it may look a bit barren.

This is not so much a problem in areas where it's bramble, and over-grown weeds - but the garden and grass on the back is also in a sorry state and perhaps needs rotovating; I don't want to leave them with just mud until next spring - so should I hold off on doing this?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's getting a little late to sow. if you could get it done this weekend it would be ok but really you need to spray it leave for 2 weeks and then turn it all over and re-seed. You can turf anytime throughout winter though if you don't mind spedning the money.

Yeah, that was my thought - it may just have to wait until the grass starts growing again before I do that.

I'll just clear up the clutter for now so that at least it looks generally tidy

Sponsored Links
It's not a bad time to really rejuvenate the grass, some very vicious scarifying and then a good top dressing and over seed would be doable depends how bad the existing is though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back