Gardtec 595 Fuse/Batt error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, I have searched the forum but not been able to solve this one.

I had the above error last week and realized the battery was around 5 years old in the system, so purchased an fitted brand new Yuasa battery.

The system still comes up with the same error even with the new battery fitted, I have checked and replaced all fuses etc and still the same error.

I measured the voltage at the battery connection terminals and it reads 10.1v and this is the same as the battery voltage.

The alarm still errors every hour and I am unable to find the engineers code to change this check period to more than an hour, Ive been into the system and "authorized" an engineer, but it looks like the default ones of 1234 and 5678 do not work or have been changed.

Does anyone have any idea what else it could be or anything else I could check for?

Many thanks in advance.

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Check battery voltage with battery disconnected what does it read ? If still 10.00 volts , time for new control panel as you have probably left it too long with a faulty battery connected,one other thing is it the version with the inline fuse on the battery lead ? If so check this connection . I have replaced a few of these panels due to faulty batteries

Many thanks for the quick reply.

As far as I can see there are no fuses on the battery connection lead.

I have removed the battery and the voltage coming from the control panel is still 10.1v.

If it is the control panel, how much do you think they cost to replace?

Attached is an image of the control panel.

Wayne.

They don't make them anymore ! Replacement is a GT600 but you will also have to replace keypad as the new ones are 4 wire not 6wire keypads look on ebay for a 595/ 593 I assume it's a plastic version ?

Sponsored Links
Hi there, if you mean the keypad, then yes it is all plastic.

I wonder if the original installer could get replacement parts.

What s on your system ? Just looked at the picture in your library all zones are linked out , does it have a radio expander on it ?

It has 3 wireless PIR's, one shock detect or and one door sensor on the main entry / exit point.

It has a voice com to notify us if the alarm goes off, however not sure what the radio expander is I'm afraid.

Ok you will have to be carefull what replacement panel you get due to the radio expander, the other options are 480/490 panel and Eurosec cpx panel , I would advise contacting a local installer who fits GARDTEC equipment for compatibility. Hope this helps

All the gardtec stuff take a CR123 battery. one end of the door contact will just prize off you will see a small notch you can fit a terminal screwdriver in and gently twist the lid should just come off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back