Gardtec 816 changing Master User code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Gardtec 816 alarm with a G-TAG keypad. Shortly we will be moving house and I have deleted all of the call out numbers on the Autodialler. I have seen threads on how to delete User codes from via the keypad by inputting 000000. My system has Users 2-6 which are "User" category and can be deleted by using 000000. However, as Master User in position 1 I want to set a new input code which has no linkage my existing one. Something simple like 3232 for example.

Do I just enter my User Number, then my existing code, Press "Yes" and then enter a new code? As per steps 4-6 on pages 15-16 of the manual.

If I were to delete my existing code by using 000000 would the new owners be able to start at Step 1 on page 15 and set up their own Master User code.

Apologies if my question is a bit "Noddy" but I am keen to ensure that the new owners can continue to use the alarm system by inputting their own codes.

Sponsored Links
To change master code
Enter existing code
Press no until display shows change code
Press yes
Select user 1 and overwrite existing code with new code.
All other codes and user levels will delete with 000000.
You must always have a master level selected.
Just change the number and give the new owner that code and then leave it to them to add additional codes if required.

Thank you's really helpful, and I can now get on with it. Just didn't want to upset the alarm system such that I would need to call out a Service Engineer to sort it out before moving day.
Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back