Sterling 10 user codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Master Code (User 1) and User 2 code on my Sterling 10 alarm are both set to the same number. The result is that it has defaulted to User 2 and therefore I am no longer able to change codes and access a few of the other features :oops:

Is there a way to get it back to User 1? I know this is a silly mistake but am suprised the system can not handle changing the user if someone happens to do this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Master Code (User 1) and User 2 code on my Sterling 10 alarm are both set to the same number. The result is that it has defaulted to User 2 and therefore I am no longer able to change codes and access a few of the other features :oops:

Is there a way to get it back to User 1? I know this is a silly mistake but am suprised the system can not handle changing the user if someone happens to do this.

Thanks
1st - The codes are called Master User & Limited User

2nd - These codes can not be programmed to be the the same number

You've got mixed up in what you are doing.

When I read the log it states that I'm User 2 and I'm not allowed to the other settings such as change codes when I try. Previously I was.

When I read the log it states that I'm User 2 and I'm not allowed to the other settings such as change codes when I try. Previously I was.
No, the Master Code (your User 1) is the only way of changing codes, that's why it is called the Master Code.

If the Log is showing you as User 2, that's what you are.

You've got to remember all the versions of codes you have tried to see which one of them will work, that will be the Master Code.

If you can't find it, it's a default to factory settings and then reprogramme everything.

Sponsored Links
The system allowed me to set the same user number as the master.
Ok, what do I know, I only install the things, must have been wrong all these years.

Q. Why have different levels of code then?

A.&Q. You mean like master/slave, key/locks?

A. Yes, to restrict access / facilities where necessary.

Of course, why didn't I think of that -

Duh.

I'm not being aqward I'm just explaining it as it is. The master code is xxxx my wife set user 2 the same as xxxx and now we are defaulted to user 2. I don't know what else I can say. Try it yourself on your next install.

I'm not being aqward I'm just explaining it as it is. The master code is xxxx my wife set user 2 the same as xxxx and now we are defaulted to user 2. I don't know what else I can say. Try it yourself on your next install.
Then I can only suggest you have a faulty panel, it should NOT be the way you say.

Why have the option for a Master Code & a User code then that can be the same? - like the TV prog., POINTLESS

... also there can be more than one user code, all the same number??

Perhaps this will help.

The Sterling 10 can hold up to 7 user codes:

Limited User Code (Users 2 – 7) enables:
Panel arming and disarming with a unique 4 digit code.
Enabling and disabling of the door chime facility
Event log viewing

Master User (User 1) enables:
All Limited User facilities.
Alteration of both User and Master User codes.
Clearing of event log (if allowed by the engineer).
System testing – Strobe/Bell/Extension Speaker.
Walk test facilities for all four arm modes.
Set Backlight.
Changing display user name text.

Those are my exact thoughts, I would have thought that this scenario was not possible but it seems it can be done. FYI we have two panels on two different floors, maybe it's a panel conflict or something.

The system has been in years and the master code has not been changed in 7 years. It was only that my wife went to set a limited code for the builders that she inadvertently set user 2 as the same number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back