Gardtec alarm appears dead

I still haven't ha a chance to check the voltages (my multimeter seems to have died and I need to purchase a new one).

However, solving a different issue around the house has resolved why the issue occurred... Rats got into the void under the house during the cold weather through a broken ventilation brick in a neighbour's wall.

While trying to close up any small floorboard holes to rat proof the house yesterday I discovered that the rats had completely eaten through the wire that connected the control box to the keypad...

So - I guess I should now assume that the units are all working OK and that the broken cable was what caused the fuse to blow - so I'll have to fit a new cable instead. I'm hoping I can get the wall unit off the wall, as the room was previously re-plastered with it in-situ, so it may be tricky - I haven't looked into how it is fixed - if not I could presumably always join a good portion of the wire leading from he keypad to the control unit at another location along the route.

e2a66a86-5bee-4dc7-a4c3-1c9137f79810.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back