gardtec eurosec cpx

29 May 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering if anyone can help?

I'm working on a eurosec cpx alarm system and wanting to change the bell/strobe external sounder.

1) I don't have the engineer manual (could do with this for the terminal locations on the printed circuit board).
2) Can i install any external sounder that's on the market or does it have to be one specific to the eurosec cpx?

Sponsored Links
any (sorry most) external siren strobe units will work on that panel;

texacom are my personal prefered external siren / strobe unit (but other units are available)

most siren / strobe units come complete with full wiring diagram.

not having an engineer manual should not cause you any problems, (tamper will go off when you remove the cover of the existing siren / strobe unit)

enter your user code and silence the panels sounder, change the external siren / strobe reset the system
(thats the short version)

try not to short out the 12v + lead (12HO Hold Off) or yoy will blow a fuse

hope this helps
If i'm right in thinking in the panel you should have
SAB TMP =Tamper Return
Bell - =Bell Trigger (0VDC GND)
Bell + =12VDC supply
Strobe - =Strobe -
strobe + = Strobe +

Each bell box uses slightly different termanology but all basically work the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links