Gardtex 816 Sounder stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone here can help me asap!

I have a Gardtec 816 which has been fine for years apart from the battery has gone - I just got back from holiday to find we have had a powercut and the alarm has sounded (no problem when its happened before)

This time the sounders have not/will not reset. The internal sound was on full tilt when I got in, alarm has unset no problem, everything else seems fine, I can use the system, set and unset but the bell + & - outputs are on 13v all the time and the internal sounder only has 2 wires so it can't be another connection somewhere. I think the - should normally be O/C

I've replaced the battery but the sounders trigger as soon as I reconnect (alarm panel still says unset with mastercode)

I can take the cover back off and do a factory reset, but I remember what a mare it was to program when we installed it.

I also cant for the life of me find the engineer code, but I do have the install manual.

I know there is a SAB SCB mode thing, coud it be that the setting has been lost, if thats the case I can reset the passwords and change the setting I guess?

Anyone got any suggestions please!?!

Lee

Sponsored Links
Try down powering mains and battery and powering up again. That often clears the microprocessor.

Thanks for the reply, I had tried that briefly but it didnt work

I actually just decided to give it another go and the default engie code worked

The system was set as SCB, i switched this to SAB and the negative went O/C, tried the internal sounder and it was fine, connected the external back up and did a system test and it all seems fine

I can only assume the system had lost this setting during the power outage, hopefully the new battery should help with that.

For info I got a 3.2ah battery from Screwfix for 13 quid, half the price of Maplin

Thanks again

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back