'Gargling' basin air admittance valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a basin making a 'gargling' noise. It looks like a 32mm (I think) S trap is fitted but space seems to be pretty tight under there. What's the best way to fit an air admittance valve?
DSC_2670.JPG

Sponsored Links
Might be best to tackle the cause. What other items are sharing the waste pipe?

Looks to be plenty of space for an anti-vac trap though.

You may get away with an All in one or offset anti vac trap, if not then change it for an antivac bottle trap. All you'll need then is a couple of pieces of 32mm and an elbow

I have access to the soil stack which the toilet and and basin connect - could I / should I use an external air admittance valve there?

Sponsored Links
It depends what's causing the vacuum. As I asked before, what else is sharing that waste pipe?

From memory: basin, toilet and shower is on another branch that joins the main stack, but the gargling has been just when the basin tap is running.

Last edited:
Agree. Easiest to try an anti vac bottle trap in the sink. Looks like plenty of space there.

Thanks chaps.

Just one more thing... would one of these be better than a bottle trap?

Attachments

• mcalpine-sp10v-1-tubular-swivel-anti-syphon-all-one-trap.jpg
    mcalpine-sp10v-1-tubular-swivel-anti-syphon-all-one-trap.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 98

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back