Garmin GTM25 Power Lead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Garmin Nuvi 205W to sell on ebay.

The power lead is damaged and I wanted to know if anyone happened to know the cores needed for 12-30 and 0 volts.

I am proposing to connect it to an old USB lead just to fire it up and confirm operation.

The cores in the GTM power lead, where it enters the SatNav are: red, white green and braid.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Igg.

I did find these forums, but I cannot find any reference to the colour code.

I'm not bothered if the unit does not go into NAV mode, I just want to power it up to see if it charges.

I'm guessing you only have the satnav end of the charger? All of the pinouts I looked at on that site had 0v as black.

You would assume red is + and potentially white for 0v, but then it's anyones guess what the green and braid are for.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I found, but I have no black!!

I was toying with the idea of the braid being 0v as well, but who knows!

Could be interesting connecting it up by trial and error!

Well, I tried your suggestion of +12v red and 0v white and it fired up immediately.

Didn't seem to charge, though.

Might leave it on longer to see.

Thanks again!

Well that's good news. It sounds like it's been long since abandoned, so I would guess the battery is properly flat.

Glad it didn't explode on a guess!

Left it for a while and it is still not charging.

There is now a big red "X" over the battery display.

Either it is burgered or there must be a need for more wires to be connected before it will charge.

I'd be inclined to say short out the other two, as that's what the posts in that thread were alluding to, but I couldn't recommend that in good faith!

The green and the braid?

OK. Inferapenny....

It would seem from further research that the resistor that is oft-talked about is built into the plug on the end of the lead.

EDIT:

Makes no difference!

Last edited:
Why they couldn't just use the mini/micro USB standard is beyond me. I guess it's the same as , $$$$

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back