Gas boiler fire front upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old back boiler with a fire front. It is a Glow worm Capricorn 240/6. The back boiler works well, but the fire front is looking dated and I would like to replace it with a new front.
Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy a more modern front for it? Or must I buy a whole new boiler (back and front) if I want to replace just the front?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

I wondered whether you found the answer to this problem as I also have a Glow worm Capricorn 240/6 back boiler and fire front and I too would like to replace the front if possible?

Thanks

Hi Vickych

Unfortunately I have not found any replacement yet. A Glow worm supplier told me that there is no upgrade available. I am now looking at the option of removing the front fire (not sure if this is ok) and having an independent flueless front fire in its place (from http://www.focalpointfires.co.uk/ ).

I'll let you know if I have any success.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
On the contracts I work on there is only one thing we do with Glow Worm Capricorn 240/6 BBUs. We take them out with the full agreement of the client.

They have been excellent boilers in their day, but they are all getting old, and their performance in spillage testing has been getting worse, and they are not very efficient, and parts are getting very difficult. In a nut shell they are worn out.

You cannot/must not attempt to fit another fire front.

The new fangled boilers we are putting in instead are super dooper devices, but i doubt they will last half as long as a Capricorn.

Alfredo

kevplumb said:
you can't do it the fire front is part of the flue system

And not only that I wouldn't touch a Focalpoint fire until the safety issues have been resolved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back