back boiler fire fronts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a back boiler which is working very well so don't really want to replace but the fire front is very dated.

as the replacement fronts are also dated is there a way i can remove the fire and cosmetically cover with a modern wall mount type (even electric)
if i make sure there is ventilation to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If you have a Baxi BBU/F, a DVD is supplied by the manufacturers now showing viable alternatives for your fire (Only gas)

Very costly.

David

Sponsored Links
just removed a 18 month old baxi back boiler and baxi baroque fire front that doesnt look like its ever been lit.marble and surround as well , if your interested.lady died and family sold the house.

I have the same problem as rachyb, and I don't see why I can't remove the fire front and leave the boiler in place.
When the fire front is not on, effectively it is not there, i.e the gas supply tap isolates the fire from the boiler. I never use the fire, so why can't I get the fire front permanently removed, and only plumb gas to the boiler.
Apart from the requirements to use a Corgi guy, why isn't this technically possible?

no fire front=possible poc [products of combustion]into room = possible death= why you cannot operate a bbu without the firefront being fitted easy really

Thanks for the reply Bripl.
What if the fire front is removed and a vent is installed?
As I said, the fire is never on, so effectively, it's just a vent anyway.
Squiggy

the fire must remain, it is an integral part of the boiler and needs to remain in place for the safe operation of the appliance.

Na fitz, corgiman and bripl have just made it up to annoy you . Of course it`s a reg otherwise they would have said it could be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back