gas boilers, banned from new-build homes by 2025.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quoting :_
Housing secretary Robert Jenrick has made a commitment to a new green standard to tackle the climate crisis and keep household energy bills low.

The Future Homes Standard would see fossil fuel heating systems, such as gas boilers, banned from new-build homes by 2025.

They will be replaced with cleaner technology, including air source heat pumps and “cutting-edge” solar panels, explained the government.

Jenrick said: “Building new homes isn’t just about bricks and mortar; I want to ensure everyone – including developers – does their bit to protect the environment and give the next generation beautiful, environmentally friendly homes that local communities can support.”

Read it HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Yes, this was discussed here a while ago when it was first announced. It was originally going to happen by 2015, so I'll believe it when I see it

They will be replaced with cleaner technology, including air source heat pumps and “cutting-edge” solar panels,

so that's electricity he means.

presumably he's aware that solar panels collect little energy in winter, when houses need it most.

I wonder if UK will have any working nukes in 2025?

"he is requiring carbon emissions to be cut by up to 80 per cent"

"up to" includes 40%. And 5%. And 1%. And 0%
So an entirely worthless statement.

Just a load of PR flannel.

Is there an election coming up?

"This announcement is just one of a number from the government this week, as it hosts the Conservative Party conference."

ah yes, that explains the need for some comforting garbage.

Sponsored Links
We haven't got the knowhow yet to get the best out of these so called wonder machines and so the running costs are sky high they are unreliable break down and don't produce the power they are meant to if they are why are people taking them out.Bob

How about someone thinks about lowering the cost of Insulation, and who knows it may be used more and more if it is cheap to purchase?

Drawback is it takes Electricity to produce?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back