Gas bottle burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post so not sure whether I have the right section or not but i have got a project on the go.
Just moved into my third home and first with any outdoor space (thank god), I am planning on reserecting my shed into a smoking/ potting shed with a Calor gas bottle heater. I have picked up many tips for the design of this from other websites but any other info would be greatly appreciated as I am open to ideas! My main concern however is the flue pipe. I have two choices, I can exit straight through the stepped corigated steel roof, which I am concerened about because I don't own the property and resealing the roof would be an issue when getting around to it, not to mension sealing it as from what I can see the only way to seal it is with the silicon cone things (£40 a piece!). My other idea which I would much prefere is to exit through the side of the shed and cut a hole through a plank of wood. My question is; how do I seal this from the weather conditions as well as protecting the wood from the high temps of the flue which is being made out of a cast iron drain pipe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I would have hoped the instructions with the Calor burner would give its requirements regarding air supply and flueing, but at least you'll need a twin wall flue when exiting a wall constructed of flammable material.....
John :)

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a wood burner made out of a gas bottle?
Sorry yes thats exactly what I mean, I have removed valve on bottle, filled with water ready to be cut up. Is there an alternative to a double walled flue? A cheap insulator that I can wrap around and then create as seal without outside?

Nothing available afaik. Twin wall is the way it's done. At least 100mm either side of the wall iirc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back