Gas central heating flushing

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A wee bit less I'd say...............Mind you, it depends how many OAPs they've ripped of??!!

It's not a particularly low basic wage though. It's a shame the incentives encourage a minority of engineers to push products that aren't necessarily needed.

No it's not a bad wage, given the state of the trade generally and the fact that most are lead by the nose or a laptop. We have in the past enployed ex-BG guys & frankly they were clueless.............I mean have you seen in the back of a CPS's van, there's a label that says 'Hose'.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In my experience it's mostly the crap ones that leave BG because they can't hack the pressure or the targets they have imposed on them. If their figures are reasonably good and they keep their head down it's not a bad life.

Andy, we had one ex-CPS, 25 years with BG & he couldn't put a nut in a monkey's mouth, he didn't know what M10 rod was!!! He lasted two days with one of our Heating Kru, he was five hours fitting a radiator!!!???........................ :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

What does CPS mean by the way? And M10 rod I assume is threaded steel of size M10?

What kind of work do you guys do day-to-day? Sounds like big installations.

If you really want a powerflush doing at a cheaper price. Go into your local independent plumbing merchants. Say you need a recommendation for a local guy to do a powerflush on a saturday wink wink. Should get it for easy £300 or less.

What does CPS mean by the way? And M10 rod I assume is threaded steel of size M10?

What kind of work do you guys do day-to-day? Sounds like big installations.

LOL. Don't get sucked in by him. Rich HB is actully the legendary Dick Puller, the worlds biggest small time loser. 5 hours to fit rad, what sort of recruitment process does this mega crporation utilise?

Most Bg guys are on £35k plus, ont op of which they get sick pay, holiday pay and a great pension at 60. I sometimes wish I was still there!

Ha another alias!! I'd never have guessed it.

I'm not too bothered really, I was enjoying seeing where this thread was going... I actually am a BG engineer :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back