Gas cooker connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved to a new house that needs a gas cooker fitting. At the moment there is only a pipe (pictured) and no connector.

Is the connector something that a gas engineer would fit along with the cooker or will the connector need to be fitted before I arrange for anyone to come and fit the cooker?

photody.jpg

Sponsored Links
You definately need a gas safe guy on that as the pipe could do with bringing up higher off the floor in an ideal world to ensure that the cooker hose hangs correctly and doesn't touch the floor.
The job could be done start to finish by a gas safe chap when he's there to connect and commision the cooker but would obviously charge you a little extra than a standard connection as you require a few extra fittings and of course the extra labour involved.

yes gassafe req.

he can do the lot. so try to arrage one to when u have the cooker ready to go in

Thanks for the advice. The pipe is just over 1ft from the ground, I'm not sure if the image makes it look lower, will it still need to be raised?

Sponsored Links
wacko2k";p=" said:
Thanks for the advice. The pipe is just over 1ft from the ground, I'm not sure if the image makes it look lower, will it still need to be raised?

all depends on where in the cookers instructions it tells you to position the bayonet connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back