Gas cooker connection

Is this safe to leave like this for the life of my new kitchen or should I get a CORGI plumber to cap it off?

of course it is WDIK. but long term its gotta be capped off.

I need to move the cooker while the walls are skimmed and the floor is laid. Can I (as a non-CORGI) person disconnect the cooker from this outlet. If so, are there any tips ?
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Sponsored Links
Advisable but not a reg book says perfectly ok to leave a bayonet

i appreciate this.

but over the years the regs/best practice etc have flip flopped over this & other issues (open flued boilers in garages comes to mind). the reasons for relaxing the reg cannot be attributed to the interests of safety other factors came into play. i have no doubt that if a major incident were to occur & the fault could be attributed to a poorly seated bayonet fitting, the reg would flip again.

i am basically saying that in this case it is appropriate to cap off the old cooker supply pipe in the interests of safety, no matter what the regs say.

Showing your age space. re the open flued allowed not allowed then allowed again but best inform your insurance company just in case.
Don`t you just love how they keep changing stuff no wonder customers think we are at it sometimes :confused: :evil:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back