Gas Bayonet Fitting

Sponsored Links
Leave it and squirt LDF into the baynot fitting then to make sure :rolleyes:

supplied with fifteen mm pipe . Yes with a backplate on the end of it with a 1/2" female thread to take the 1/2" male thread of a bayonet fitting . So a !/2" plug to seal it if removing the bayonet. Keef simple answer is you can just leave it, but if you feel safer get it plugged off.

Come on Mod what did he say? i missed it

MOD 2

lets just say it was abuse

why gamble , play it safe and cap it . end of

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
supplied with fifteen mm pipe with a backplate on the end of it with a 1/2" female thread to take the 1/2" male thread of a bayonet fitting .

Most of the ones I see are just 15 mm tube without any backplate screwed to the wall !

The usual DIY way of testing for leaks is by brushing soapy water all over the fitting so see if it bubbles!

We are not allowed to use that because its too cheap, sorry, I mean because its corrosive ! I find that difficult to accept because we all know how gentle Fairly Liquid is!

Talking about corrosive, I find Coke tastes more corrosive than pure boiler condensate!

Tony

Yes so plugged off with a 1/2" male plug My point to agile was there must be some sort of fitting in between. And accept if it has been wrongly fitted without a backplate onto fifteen mm a conex cap can be used

kevplumb said:
only if its accessable or failing that you can get at it

Be careful, you will have John ( DIA ) printing the regs which say that it must be "easily" accessable.

I agree that the adapter 15mm to 1/2" could have the 1/2" plug put into it but CORGI will do you for that because both have parallel threads and you can only use a taper for gas as we all know!

This has reminded me that I have not always been noting on LSCs when there is no screwed backplate. Although no one else does I suppose I should start now! I had better order a batch for the corrections!

Tony

And that is why i use 1/2 black iron plugs that adhere to the regs . And not the brass ones in kevs picture

Its more than i could do kev. I will have to get the kids to show me how to do it one day :confused: :confused:

As for the previous comments of a kid could push a pen in it and create a leak... Would that same kid not find it a lot easier just to turn a gas ring on or turn a fire on without lighting it no need to look for a pen then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back