Gas cooker disconnection??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to move my gas cooker out the way to tile the floor in the kitchen. I have taken a picture of the connector fitting which you can see below. There appears to be no valve other than the one by the gas meter.

My questions are... is this a fitting that is designed to be disconnected and reconnected or do I need to get a Corgi reg gas engineer to dis/reconnect it. If it can be disconnected does it have some sort of sprung valve that prevents gas flow once disconnected? The rubber hose side spins freely in the connector...

DSCN2133.jpg

Sponsored Links
looks to me like the old micro connection. it should push and twist like a standard bayonet fitting.
push the nurled copper section right towards the bracket and twist, should be anti-clockwise but try both ways if stiff.
if it seems stiff try tapping it with a hammer but don't go mad, just enough to loosen it.
hope this helps.

neal

Thanks Neal, so when it is undone is there a valve of some sort in there to stop any gas flow?

Sponsored Links
ok great thanks for your help. Got most of the floor tiles down today so will try and move the cooker to tile under it tomorrow night...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back