Gas cooker to dual fuel bayonet & location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have inherited a 30 yr old gas cooker which has seen better days. I would like to change to dual fuel and have found this which only needs a standard plug. (We have no cooker point either so was trying to avoid needing to get a new circuit and switch put in - maybe this is a better option?)

http://www.johnlewis.com/smeg-suk61px8-dual-fuel-cooker-stainless-steel/p231417654#tabinfo-ratings

However, the connection procedure doc says bayonet fitting needs to be to left of cooker,not directly behind cooker. Having had a look I think the existing one is directly behind the cooker. We have cupboards on either side of the cooker (which is in a corner) so no easy access to a new install point.

Is it really impossible to install with the fitting behind, and if so what kind of procedure ,ought we be looking at to get this point moved?

Totally bewildered I just want a new cooker!

Thanks so much for any help and advice you can offer

Sponsored Links
In answer to your question yes it is impossible to install that cooker with the bayonet behind the cooker.
The manufacturers instructions are specific in the location of the bayonet.
It shouldn't be a major job for a gas safe registered engineer to move it for you. Manufacturers instructions must be adheard to when fitting gas appliances.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back