Gas Bayonet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After re-plastering the kitchen anf getting it upright again the gas bayonet to the cooker is still sitting there just fine, but I would like to tile behind the cooker right to the skirting board, it's one of those standard elbow types, if I tile around the elbow then the gas hose won't go on, I could leave a tile out just at that position but that would look cheap and nasty (would never be seen once cooker is in place though)

I don't actually have to tile all the way down as tiles are below the top of cooker anyway and it's solid plastered wall so not a fire risk, just need to measure up for tiles, it's a difference of needing another box of tiles if I do so need to purchase at the same time to get batch numbers the same, is there an adapter available to extend the bayonet or a longer version of the standard bayonet that would do the same thing, I need to get tiles bought / ordered so I can get on with the rest of the kitchen, regardless of what happens behind the cooker, I need to get all the cornice etc on the units so I can use them , the old wall units full of food in the living room are starting to wear a bit thin now I'm afraid :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A gas safe registered engineer will be able to extend or move the bayonet into the correct position.

Thank you, I'll get enough tiles to go behind the cooker now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back