gas course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ello again guys,
gas course starts on the 27th of this month, the dole office are saying any work placement must be local or within reasonable reach excluding me from work in scarb and tyne(previous offers)

that leaves me searching for work placement for the twenty tiddly jobs within 20 miles of Bolton lancs.
work could be anything domestic gas, repair service etc 10 min jobs count towards target figures.

if i dont use the course i lose the course as it is funded by the dss.

cant find the guy in st helens who offered help, so is anyone able to help me.

thanks terry

Sponsored Links
Find you local Gas Spares suppliers , go to them drop off some flyers if you wish , But really you need to hand around , catch the fitters as they are calling , be polite , positive and sell yourself to them and how much of a benefit you are going to be .

Or have a word with the staff , find out who are there best customers , who they get on with , whos busy and whos gonna take someone like yourself .

Don`t rely on anyone ringing you back , ring them .

Arf

fella , you can`t have . type your postcode into yell.com , serach for gas , plumbing , print it off and go and visit them all , the more you visit the more chance you have !!!!!!

This course , could change your life ,the ball is in your court .

If you think you`ve pulled all the stops out , then your defeated .

Snap out of it and get your arse to the merchants tomorrow morning and every morning until you find a placement .

Arf .

P.S only reply when you`ve got a placement !

Sponsored Links
have placed flyers at wosley/plumb ctr, plenty of telephone calls, cold canvassing didnt work out as the people needed to be seen are always out on jobs.

Do you mean that the dole office won't pay for travel and accomodation?

I'll pay your travel and accomodation you pay me back when you're qualified and working, come and get the experience you need. I'm doing gas work of all types natural and lpg all the livelong day.

The offer is of no benefit to me at all, I've been down and am glad to help someone else out of a hole, that's all.

Paul Barker said:
Do you mean that the dole office won't pay for travel and accomodation?

I'll pay your travel and accomodation you pay me back when you're qualified and working, come and get the experience you need. I'm doing gas work of all types natural and lpg all the livelong day.

The offer is of no benefit to me at all, I've been down and am glad to help someone else out of a hole, that's all.
#

That has got to be one of the nicest things I have ever seen any one do for someone else, fair brings a tear to my eye

you are a toff amongst men Paul, I hope you reap what you sow mate

good on you

Don't overplay it mate I used to save lives for a living, we were giving to our own cost day and night at great cost physical and emotional to our bodies and our personal relationships. It is abosultely nothing to tdo this small thing against staying up all night one to one with a small child whose next breath relies on my full focus and attention upon it the entire time I am there, either to the end of it's life or to the next shift.

My present job is a piece of cake.

true it doesnt even compare

but that said still a marvelous thing to do

what time do you need me on monday ;)

Could have done with you this Monday and Tuesday I have a man on an install, he ripped up the floors Friday then went sick.

I hate that when that happens

we had that sunday and yesterday

guess who had to "fill in" for sunday and the after hours on monday

MUGGINS here

I hate this job ;)

I don't know about you but I find I have to conscentrate hard all the time or I make a mistake. Apprentice seems to be able to do his job while fiddling with my tools and asking dumb questions like "where are we going next" right in the middle of me trying to rewire a Y plan.

But at least he comes to work.

For the rest, one guy drops you innit like this , the other is always off running his family about or finishing early for the family.

I suppose he has it right, but for us if we put our family first they wouldn't live in the style they are acustomed to.

just remember that MOST employees will never care as much as you do

it sucks

paul ill come down still for a bit here and there no problems ill talk to the social again and see what can be done if not ill come for do bits anyway just to learn the job
your a star and not many like you around

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back