GAS DRIER.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Crosslee white knight gas drier , model bg442, the drive belt snapped and i replaced it with an Oem one, but now the drier ignites and runs ok for thirty seconds but then the gas valve shuts off.
I,m thinking its the overheat thermostat but am unable to find where it is,
Can anyone help please ?.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This happened a while ago and have now replaced the thermocouple and the exhaust probe, i guessed that if the family kept trying to get it to work the burner would have overheated possibly taking out the T/C and the flame failure probe.
Like in the first post it will ignite but now does not stay lit for more than a few seconds.

Any help please.

Not familiar with this model if it has a thermocouple!

Most have full sequence controls.

Is the fan intact on motor shaft, (Does it actually blow through the vent) ?

Yes blows ok, goes into ignition sequence, lights hessitantly and then gas valve (solenoid coil ?) shuts down.
I have two spare solenoid coils off a m8 and have tried by substitution but no joy.

Sponsored Links
Sorry can't help you. I have only worked on models with flame rectification probes !!

my pleasure.
looks like the ionisation current is breaking down

yellow pages to call a registered gas engineer its not a diy job ;)

I have followed the fault finding schematics as supplied by Crosslee and have (under there recommendation ) replaced the T/C and the FFE.
I am retired now lads, previously i was C.O.R.G.I registered ( 19786 )all i am trying to achieve here is some pointers , please, i'm not joe blogs Diyer. :(

the answer is there if you follow it :D

looks like the ionisation current is breaking down

the TOC [thermal overload cut out]
cant have operated because it starts as you say for 30sec, if the toc had gone it wouldnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back